.

.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday Night at the Movies! 10/8/11

Who cares what picture we see?


Well, according to John Houseman, it's 11:55...five minutes until midnight...time for one more movie...and he wants us to see this one!















At the risk of turning Saturday Night at the Movies into a Carpenter-fest: this is another movie I first experienced on home video - and once again - it was on BETA. I loved this movie from the first frame - a wonderful sense of dread right off the bat, and good creepy moments throughout the picture.

If you've never seen it - it's perfect Halloween movie fare - scary, and with an R rating, but based more on the intensity and some language than graphic gore or nudity. And no, I don't know nothing about no remake. Stick with the original. I mean, look at that cast!




LGOOH Halloween Blogfest Blowout Extra!


Here's a great pair of TV ads for a double feature pairing two movies already highlighted in this year's HBB!










I highly recommend this movie, and in fact, recommend that you watch it with me, since it sits so readily available in the video vault. We could even do that tonight!




Until tomorrow, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

2 comments:

  1. As you probably recall, the horror genre isn't my strongest. In fact, I still find excuses to leave the room when the "Great Pumpkin" rises from the patch (Linus, Sally--look out!). Too intense.

    But I have always loved The Fog. From the first to the final frame, it kept me stuck to the screen.

    Part of the attraction from me (in addition to the cast) is the plot. There was a strong sense of mystery and supernatural wonder about it.

    Thanks for resurrecting an old favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Fog. Adrienne Barbeau, Jamie Lee Curtis and Janet Leigh all in one film. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete