.

.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday Night at the Movies 12/31/11!

Who cares what picture we see?


John Saxon very well could, so we'll close out 2011 with this one.















My very favorite martial arts movie of all gives us prime Bruce Lee, with terrific support from John Saxon and Jim Kelly. It can get just as entertainingly silly as any Asian martial arts movie, but it has the gloss of early 70's Hollywood; fewer people dubbed than usual; and the fun of trying to spot young Jackie Chan among the hordes on Han's island. What more could anyone ask?


And it resides in the video vault in a fine special edition DVD - and could be watched anytime - even tonight - should you care to come by!

Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

5 comments:

  1. I friggen' love this movie. Bruce Lee was one of the idols of my youth...Which reminds me, one of my favorite contemporary Hong Kong directors, Wong Kar-wai, is releasing The Grandmasters later this year (almost this year, less than 5 hours for me). The plot revolves around Bruce Lee's real life grandmaster, Yip Man. Now does that knock your socks off because I'm already barefoot contemplating the amount of excitement my eyes will be privy to.

    Best wishes for you and your family. Have a safe and Happy New Year. See you next year, pal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce Lee is one of the gods of my film idolatry. This movie gets a lot of play around here and oh look, it's John Saxon before Freddy Krueger gets him. ;)

    Can't wait for The Grandmaster flick. It will be epic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matty - I hope you'll keep me posted on this Grandmasters movie - I definitely want to see it! And yeah, Enter the Dragon is just brilliant. Best wishes for the New Year back atcha, pal!

    Mel - Yeah, you cannot go wrong with Bruce Lee - even in crappy public domain stuff using old home movie footage - the guy commanded the screen in every frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There must be something in the air--I just watched this one recently! Such a great film, definitely turned me on to Bruce Lee's movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. M - if it's in the air - I'm breathing deeply - as I'm always up for some more Bruce Lee! Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete