.

.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A-Z Challenge 2012: V is for The Video Vault of Mora Tau!

We can see the finish line for the April 2012 A-Z Blogging Challenge from here - but before we get there, we have a few more posts to view.


View? That starts with a V...and this time..



V is for The Video Vault of Mora Tau!




Whenever I want to put together a few video clips, I do it under this department title - but where did that title come from?


Well, I got it from the incredible Hollywood Boulevard - the movie Joe Dante and Allan Arkush made for Roger Corman in 1976. In it there is a movie being produced called Machete Maidens of Mora Tau - and I always liked that title.

Here's a screen shot of a movie marquee from Hollywood Boulevard:



Sadly, the art department stopped adding letters before they got to "of Mora Tau," but that is the movie's full title in Hollywood Boulevard.

Now, Dante and Arkush got the name Mora Tau from an old pre-George Romero zombie movie - here's the trailer:






So I borrowed the location - as it sounds exotic and mysterious - for this blog department.





Let's throw in a few other random video segments - to make this a proper VVoMT post...








Here's a horror host I got to see on a couple of Florida vacations - and meet on Halloween in 1988...
















And let's close out with a fun tune from the Monkees. That's pretty random.








If you're not planning to come back for tomorrow's post - and you're going to be vocal about it - I hope you don't mind if I W so it sounds like you are coming back...until then...when we'll be much further away from the reach of a letter pun...you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

6 comments:

  1. Another great Youtube MOra-Tau clip:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCR-WXDSiJ4

    Hello from a fellow A to Z horror fan! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the clip!

      And please do come back anytime!

      Delete
  2. That is an incredibly cool inspiration behind one of your best features here. I love the video vault. And I have seen the Zombies of Mora Tau. I got it through NetFlix not that long ago. What a crazy fun little flick.

    Hope you had a great trip. I missed you around these parts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel! I haven't seen the whole Zombies of Mora Tau movie in YEARS. I need to check it out again!

      The trip was nice - but it's also nice to be back - and to have been missed! Cheers!

      Delete