.

.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #83!







The Devil's Sleep  (Screen Classics, Inc, 1949)




Apparently another of those frantic and overwrought drug expose flicks - I haven't seen this one, but the odds are good it's in the video vault in one of my fifty packs - and anyway - the poster is fab!








Werewolves on Wheels  (The Fanfare Corporation, 1971)


This was another movie shown in 16mm at my local high school (when I was in elementary school or junior high) for a fundraiser - I didn't get to see it then, and I haven't had the chance to see it since. I surely will one of these days...







One Down, Two to Go  (Po'Boy Productions, 1982)



A few years after Three the Hard Way, the same starring trio came back together for another "gun fu" flick and this time they added Richard Roundtree to the mix for even more star power. The result? A movie that sure feels like a sequel, even though Brown, Williamson, and Kelly are playing different characters. No matter, though, because whoever they're playing - you know this is a solid fix for an action junkie.









Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

5 comments:

  1. WOW is fuckin' hilarious, though the poster is waaay cooler than the film :-)

    Never heard of the other two films. "Devil's Sleep" never been released here, but "One Down..." got dumped to VHS under the horribly cheesy title "COLTFIGHTER" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a cheesy title! I remember your review of WoW - it was awesome!

      Delete
  2. Bennies, Goofies and Phenos narrowly lost out to quarks, leptons and bosons as subatomic particle names. So, I'm guessing the sequel, "Devil's Wake Up Call," never got made? Pity. The poster would have rocked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were all set to shoot, but someone forgot the director's wake up call, and he slept through production - zoned on Goofies.

      Delete
  3. Gotta love Werewolves on Wheels. That title is awesome. And you know, I love me the Fred Williams/Jim Brown action flicks.

    ReplyDelete