.

.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #87!






House of Dracula  (Universal Studios, 1945)


I will always love all the Universal Studios Monster Movies - they were a HUGE part of my childhood. But that said - wow, this was not a bright spot to mostly wrap the series up. Actually, Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein three years later is by far the better movie - and I say that was the last movie in the cycle. So there!








Private Duty Nurses  (New World Pictures, 1971)


One of Roger Corman's nurse flicks from the 70's - I think they're all in the video vault now, but I've only seen a couple so far. I like all of the early 70's New World movies - but boy there is a formula and they stick to it like glue!







Teen Lust  (aka High School Teasers)  (Coast Films, 1979/1982)




Wow - one I've never seen but boy howdy do I want to - this Teen-n-A flick went through scads of title changes and re-releases well into the 80's - the movie was shot in 1979 and stars Kirsten Baker - the skinnydipper with the incredibly tight jean shorts in Friday the 13th Part 2. But - that poster up there doesn't feature her name - and lists the year as 1982. Also, the movie was directed by actor James Hong - David Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China - but for this ripoff release his name's been Americanized to James Hall. Stay classy, Coast Films!






And that will bring us to a close - until next time, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment