.

.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday Night at the Movies 11/24/12!

Who cares what picture we see?


Checking back, I would have to say Roy Kinnear definitely would have - so let's open our chocolate bar and look for our golden ticket to this one:










When I was a kid, this was a staple yearly viewing - every Thanksgiving night NBC would show it - and I would watch it - whether back home from our big family meal; still home because the big family meal was at my house that year; or still over at some family member's house we had eaten at. It was often interrupted, and sometimes not finished, but I always loved the movie - and the original book by Roald Dahl, of course.


This was a movie I wanted to own on DVD due to the fact that it had a commentary from the kids in the film - reunited decades later - which is just a great idea - whether the commentary itself is or not - but the high price point kept me away from it for the longest time. I finally got it on sale this year - and no, I haven't listened to the commentary yet - I wouldn't be me without a healthy dose of delayed gratification.



So it resides in the video vault - and Oompa Loompa Doompity Dee - If you are of the mind you could come watch it with me!


Even tonight - if you're not too tired from Thanksgiving and Black Friday!




Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

6 comments:

  1. LOVED this movie! I wanted to ride in the boat and live in the factory along the chocolate river LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing and iconic - and Gene Wilder is so freaking fantastic as Wonka. I also loved that there was/is a Wonka candy company and you could actually buy some of the treats from the movie in real life!

      Delete
  2. I admit I've never seen it, though I have seen the remake which was pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - Harry! You need to see this original! I haven't seen the remake myself - but I'll watch it if you'll watch this one!

      Delete
  3. I would love to watch this with the commentary! It's one if my favorite movies of all time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, Andy! Thanks for coming by and commenting - you know, you're actually photographically featured in another post this month...I'll bet you can figure out which one if you scan the post titles on the right! Cheers!

      Delete