.

.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Secret Origins: Random Stew!





Ah, now it's time to turn the Secret Origins spotlight on another recurring department here at LGOOH - albeit one that hasn't actually appeared for months.



Somewhere back in the early days of LGOOH I was looking for some picture to put up in a post - and in my search I turned up some weird piece of pop culture flotsam or jetsam - and it sparked a happy memory in me.



I thought it would be fun to chat about it in a post - and just like that the recurring department Random Stew was born!



As more of the posts appeared, I started blathering more and more about the various pictures - I am a wordy cuss you know - and the Random Stew posts got fairly big and time consuming to put together - so they stopped appearing as often.



Then, recently, I thought - why do I have to completely put the stew together, then serve it? Why not keep the cauldron bubbling all the time - and just keep adding one ingredient at a time? (In other words - why cobble together a bunch of pictures for each post - instead I'll post one at a time - quicker to read, more posts going up - seems like a win/win to me!)



So welcome to not only the Secret Origin of Random Stew (such as it was) - but also - the introductory post in the all new recurring Random Stew series!







Since we've been Bonding for the last few days - let's spend a moment with Sean Connery circa 1967...I don't even like bourbon - but I would drink some hanging out with him...



Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

2 comments:

  1. LOL I would drink bourbon too if I were with Sean. I LOVE Random Stew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melly B! We could chug a couple and watch Sean walk out from our landing spots on the floor! And thanks very much for the kind words - it's always nice to get a compliment on my cooking!

      Delete