.

.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Saturday Night at the Movies 7/19/14!

Who cares what picture we see?



Arthur Hunnicutt might or might not...depending on the weather...but we'll make it this one tonight:










I'm a John Wayne fan - and I actually like him more the older he is in the movie - so I like this semi-remake of Rio Bravo pretty well. The Duke plays the John Wayne role; Robert Mitchum subs for Dean Martin, little Jimmy Caan covers for Ricky Nelson, and Arthur Hunnicutt is in for Walter Brennan.


It's a good old fashioned Western and I just added it - along with another 60's John Wayne picture - Hatari! - to the video vault so we can be checking it out any old time - even tonight - if you want to come hang out!








Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

2 comments:

  1. I love westerns and this is one of my favorites. I have a buddy who's a western fanatic and our endless discussion is - Rio Bravo or El Dorado ????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can well imagine that discussion going far into the night - perhaps over whiskey and cee-gars, as the Duke would say.

      Delete