.

.

Friday, April 17, 2015

A-Z Challenge 2015: O is for Olivia Newton-John!





I first saw Olivia Newton-John in Grease when my mom took me to see it at the theater - I was only just into double digits. I liked the girl next door aspect of her character Sandy - but I liked her bad girl presentation near the end even more! I later rented Xanadu - on BETA! It was one of the very first movies I ever rented. I loved it - unlike the rest of the world.









Thereafter I was totally a fan and bought her albums - and even went to see her in concert on the Physical tour in the early 80's. Yes, my mom took me to that too. Don't you judge me.











I'm always happy to see her - but I'm not thrilled that she has subjected herself to the knife to try (in vain) to hold on to the past - as she's starting to get that damned Joker thing going on - so I try to stick to my memories of the days when she still had her original face.





















Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

9 comments:

  1. She was always quite the fox, I much preferred John Travolta :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then we wouldn't have to fight if we all washed up on a desert island...ha!

      Delete
  2. I'm a fan of Olivia, too and loved her in Grease. Speaking of Grease, the casting was a bit weird. None of those actors looked like high school kids. They were too old. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ONJ was just shy of thirty when she made Grease - but then her own husband trumped her playing a high schooler in some direct to video flick called Diving In when he was thirty one, I believe. And then there is Stacey Dash, who was thirty two when she shot her last episode of the Clueless TV series.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous looking posts , all the best for the rest of the challenge. Will swing by again. Modhukori.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can honestly say that I've never heard any of her music, though I would have been a good bit younger than you when she was really popular. Grease used to get a lot of play over here on TV (and still does, no doubt), but I don't recall ever seeing the sequel.

    Fun fact, when I was in primary school (not sure what the equivelent is in the states, this goes from 8-12 in age, usually), we did a production of Grease.... it was an all boys school, so one of the leads playing sandy was a dude! No wonder I'm not a fan of it... I played two parts, one of the background thugs or bikers... and then one of the ladies in the dream sequence with the hair rollers. I was 9 or 10... we had a lot of fun doing those silly shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's fun - would love to see pics of those shows someday. And John, you don't HAVE to point out our age difference every time we chat... ;)

      Delete
    2. Haha, sorry man... force of habit when explaining myself!

      Delete