.

.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #226!





Disco 9000  (Choice Inc., 1977)

I've never seen this blaxploitation flick, and apparently it's pretty hard to track down these days. But lovin' the lead character's name - Fass Black - and kudos to the filmmakers for using the word Disco in 1976/1977 - way early, considering. I fully expected this to have 1979 as its year of release. I'll bet it got some play that year.









Walk Into Hell  (Patric Pictures, Inc., 1957)


I've also not seen this one - a man against the elements drama made by Australian filmmakers - another rarity for the 1950's. The poster acts like its one of those "Mondo" movies, but it is a fiction film. I'd like to see it.










Heat  (New Century Vista Film Company, 1987)


I did see this one in the theater - one of Burt's better entries from the 80's. They just recently remade it with Jason Statham as Wild Card - which I might watch sometime - but this one will be hard to beat in my mind.








Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments:

  1. That Walk Into Hell poster is all sorts of awesome ! Never heard of Disco 9000 (but there is Detroit 9000) - It's on my list now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I also have added it to the list. Any thoughts on Heat?

      Delete
    2. I do like Heat and would have loved to see Burt do more stuff like it. From this period though, Malone is my favorite. It's finally coming out on blu-ray this fall

      Delete
    3. I quite like Malone too. I have a VHS copy of Malone signed to me by Mr . Reynolds.

      Delete